Understandably, the first question that might come to mind is, “Why should we turn our church into a Digital Outreach?” Well, there are a host of reasons you might want to pursue new ideas for outreach, and the reasons for Digital Outreach are indicated below:
· You will have the ability to reach out beyond the confines of your church to a greater, broader community.
· If your church currently ‘serves” those in a ten mile radius, your Digital Ministry can go nationwide, or even international
· It will allow you to better fill the Great Commission, per Acts 1:8 - “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spiriti has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.”
· Allow you a way of ministering to a vast mission field!
After wondering “why” to go Digital, the next natural concern is “what to do” to go Digital. You
may want to establish a Digital Outreach Team, which will coordinate with those in charge of creating other ideas for church outreach. Together, they can create a plan to implement all your outreach ministry ideas. Following are fifteen suggestions to help you create a Digital Ministry.
1) Launch Prayer Walls - An excellent way to facilitate outreach to people’s needs, and be added to the website or church Facebook page.
2) Establish an E-Mail Campaign - That people can receive for free, like “40 Days to a Happier Marriage.”
3) Set up a Facebook Page For Your Church
4) Turn Pastor’s Sermons into e-books
5) Stream” your Services on your Website and/or upload Videos to You Tube
6) Place “Teaching Videos” on You Tube - Pastor having a “conversation chat” on various topics via digi-cam.
7) Develop an “Articles Archive” - Written on a variety of topics, you are basically creating an “Online Library”
8) Offer Free Downloads - White papers on various topics
9) Offer Electronic Bible Studies - “How to Establish and Improve Your Prayer Life”
10) Translate your Website into a Foreign Language - Preferably the predominant one in the area you serve
11) Develop an “Online” Bookstore
12) Develop a “Bulletin Board Forum” do discuss various topics/issues
13) Establish an “e Learning Center” - Classes on virtually any topic: Bible Studies
14) Create a “Christian Calendar” - Upcoming Events, Local & National
15) Have a Church Blog - Discuss current events and life today from a Biblical point of view (Movies, Political Issues).
AND HERE’S A “BONUS” STEP!!!
16) Create a Prayer Chain - “Text Message” Prayer Chain
Now that you know “why” and “what,” visit Pathmaker Marketing to learn “how!”