It probably is pretty safe to assume that E-Mail Fundraising is not a flash in the pan, but, rather, will be a major weapon in the arsenal of every email marketing firm in the nation for ad infinitum. Scattered across the World Wide Webaretitbits of information and suggestions posted by various e-mail marketing experts meant to help give a better understanding of email marketing. Below is a list of “what to do” guide for enjoying E-mail Fundraising success.
1. ADD “READ MORE” LINKS INTO YOUR COPY - Writing an e-mail fundraiser piece is a little different than writing a direct mailer piece. In the former you might stop a thought in mid-paragraph and put in a “read more,” having your email serve as somewhat of a “teaser.”
2. STUDY THIS HEURISTIC TO LEARN A SIGNIFICANT LESSON FROM E-MAIL EXPERT FLINT McGOUGHLIN.
eMe = rv(o+i ) - (f+a)
The effectiveness of your Message = relevance of your offer (offer + incentive) less (friction + anxiety)
In essence, this is saying that the advantages of your offer and incentive needs to outweigh the recipient’s reluctance to reply positively to your offer, plus the anxiety he might feel in doing so. “Friction” deals with the ease of your check out procedure. Asking for as little information as is necessary, and keeping the checkout process as short as possible can minimize it. Said simply, “Anxiety” is the general reluctance someone might have in doing business on the Internet.
3. USE THIS FINAL CHECKLIST BEFORE YOU HIT “SEND”
Ask Did my test e-mail:
• Allow me to go through checkout
• Have a subject line with no issues
• Have working links
• Display Properly
• Have contact’s name, address and telephone number
These are just 3 of the 11 Tips on Email Fundraising, check our Blog to learn more.