It is obvious that any successful endeavor is the result of someone developing and implementing a specific, successful strategy. Email Fundraising is no exception. Any e-mail marketing professional worth their salt knows this to be true. And, a real e-mail marketing specialist will tell you that there are actually five strategies that you can employ to ensure that your email marketing program is, in fact, a successful one.
E-MAILS TIED TO CURRENT EVENTS
- This is pretty self-explanatory. What you need to do is keep abreast with the news and develop an email campaign that revolves around what is transpiring. This, of course, is dependent on the fact that your cause is one that is news worthy. A good example of this might be if you are part of a Tornado Relief Fund. During
DIRECT MAIL/E-MAIL COMBO
- E-Mail Marketing Firms will tell you that the advent of an email marketing campaign should not be the demise of other fundraisers that have worked for you in the past. In this instance, you should come up with a Direct Mail offer and send it out. Then, some seven to ten days later you follow up with an e-mail version of the same offer. Together these allow you to really enhance the chance of success of your fundraising efforts.
MONTHLY “THEMED” E-MAIL CAMPAIGNS
- Virtually every month has a holiday or event that you can “build” an e-mail fundraising campaign around. For example, May lends itself to two causes: Unwed Mothers and Veterans. Mothers Day allows you to touch people’s heartstrings regarding those moms who have no one to help care for them and their needs, and Memorial Day is a “natural” for seeking aid for our War Veterans.
“STAND ALONE” E-MAIL FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
- Here, you want to make an offer that is totally exclusive to the e-mail you send. To make these most effective, it is wise to have a time limit in which recipients must respond to benefit from your offer. Remember, all such offers should revolve around and be related to the cause you are trying to raise funds for.
Tornado Season there are ample news stories for you to mount a most effective e-mail program around.
- Again, you are utilizing more than one method to supplement your fundraising efforts. In this situation, you make your offer on either the Radio or TV. Then, you follow up later that same day with an e-mail that re-enforces your initial offer. This should not be a “Current Event” driven email but, rather, be centered around a pre-conceived offer that you present.
If you find all of this a little overwhelming, you may want to contact a Professional E-Mail Marketing Service like PATHMAKER MARKETING, LLC to assist you with your email marketing undertakings. An e-mail marketing company of long standing, we not only know how to implement these five strategies, we also have a track record of success that you will find most impressive!